Affirming our African heritage, our vision is to build an inclusive body of biblical believers who continue to grow in Christ, as we love, serve, and fellowship with the community and each other.
God calls this church to be a progressive witness for Jesus Christ, a creative model of Christian worship, a loving example of Christian fellowship, and a humble servant to our sisters and brothers in the community, the nation, and the world in which we live. In word and deed, we are committed to continuing Jesus' ministry of spiritual and physical liberation to the disadvantaged, the weak, and the downtrodden. We understand that our role is both priestly and prophetic as we strive to heal personal hurts and pains, as well as challenge social structures and systems that oppress God's children where they may be, and that prevent them from realizing their full potential.
- Co-Pastoral leadership by Drs. Dennis and Christine Wiley.
- An inclusive congregation where all are welcome, regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
- A congregation where our African heritage is unapologetically affirmed and celebrated.
- A congregation committed to the liberation of oppressed peoples everywhere.
- A congregation dedicated to helping every child of God realize his/her full, God-given potential.
- A congregation devoted to serving and developing the community through the "hands-on" ministry of every member.
- A congregation committed to social-political action and advocacy on a local, national, and international level.
- A congregation dedicated to the economic empowerment of Black people in our own community and beyond.
- A congregation where creativity and openness to new and innovative way of worship and ministry are encouraged.
- A "warm and loving" congregation where every member is a minister who is committed to implementing the vision through our five major ministries: Christian Education, Evangelism, Nurture, Stewardship, and Worship & Intercession.